THE BENEWAH MILK BOTTLES
321 S. Cedar, Spokane, WA, USA [Approximate]
802 W. Garland, Spokane, WA, USA
Newport's advertising for the Benewah Creamery Co. around the time of the construction of the "Bottles" in 1935 stated the bottles were:
"designed to build better men and women by making dairy products attractive to boys and girls. No expense will be spared to make these new stores as sturdy as fine, and as good as the products they represent."
The properties were stuccoed from the base to where they begin to taper to the bottle neck with the neck and cap being constructed using sheet metal over a wood frame.
The last of Newport's retail outlets closed in 1978 and the Benewah Creamery Co. had gone the way of the Dodo by 1979. Since then the Garland location has been a secondhand store and is now home to Mary Lou’s Milk Bottle sandwich shop. The Cedar building now houses the Spokane County Democratic Central Committee and is listed in the National Register Of Historic Places though a search for the record returns a page stating it has not yet been digitized.
Every where we have been able to find addresses listed the Cedar building is reported as located at 321 S. Cedar St. A Google Maps search for the address puts you about a block off so we have listed the address as approximate.